Sunday, February 28, 2010

Titanic

Today was very, very epic. It started with my sister-in-law, brother, and Jarrel spontaneously visiting me! It was the nicest surprise of my life. If someone gave me a puppy, that might beat it, but other than that no dice. They came in just to see me for less than two hours to have lunch. I have the sweetest, most considerate siblings in the world. I love them. We went to a locally owned mexican restaurant, and then Ashley and I went off to a shoe store, while Ryan and Jarrel settled for getting a hair cut. They crack me up. What's so boring about shoes anyway? I got a new pair of flats... Ashley got three. See? She's simply fabulous!
Guess what I did next? If you know me you will never guess. I went on a date!!! It was a first date, and was really nice. We talked and got to know each other. I was so nervous at first because I'd never actually met him before, so I guess it was partially blind? On top of that he's older than me, so I was worried he'd think I was immature or something. I think he only thought that twice — once when he made a reference I'd never heard of (which surprised me because I'm the one in my group who does that) and he had to explain it. I felt bad for pointing out that I didn't know what he was talking about, then he wouldn't have said anything about the age difference. Then the second time was when he was asking me on a second date (!!!) and he was saying we could stop by a bar after dinner. I must have made a face, because his eyes instantly widened and he put his hand over his mouth and said, "Oh... fuck." Then I felt really lame, like I was holding him back from a good time or limiting our options. Other than those two times the date was perfect.  Then when I got home, I realized I hadn't been returning all the questions he'd been asking nor the compliments he'd been giving out like candy. Damn! So next time I'm going to be learning more about him, and commenting on how very handsome he is. Like... wow. Yes, he's that good-looking. I'm so excited!
Then I watched Titanic for the first time all the way through. I regret that decision. It's such a tear jerker — especially when it clicked that she died in the end. I mean goodness!

My day was fabulous — thank you to all those who made it such.

No comments:

Post a Comment